St. Matthew Roman Catholic Church in Dix Hills, NY offers travel basketball to the children of the local community in association with the Nassau Suffolk CYO program. Children of all religious faiths are welcome to participate in our travel program subject to the geographic eligibility requirements of the CYO program.
St. Matthew CYO Travel basketball 2016-17 Season
Registration for the Boys and Girls High School Winter Season is open.
Teams can be formed for 9/10th garde and 11/12th grade.
Players participating in ANY High School basketball program are NOT permitted on winter season rosters.
*Coaches interested in forming teams should contact;firstname.lastname@example.org See below for details.*
Scheduled CYO Tryouts – MUST Register and pay before attending tryout
Registration: CYO travel tryouts will be held in August and September. Eligibility is per CYO guidelines; which can be found below. Players must register and submit payment online prior to their tryout in order to participate. Registration is required prior to the tryout in order to be eligible for selection on a travel team.
League – CYO offers travel programs for grades 4-8 that are comprised of 3 divisions (A,B,C).
- Boys program starts in early November and tryouts must be held in September.
- Girls program starts in September and ends in January. Tryouts MUST be held in August
- CYO High school program is comprised of divisions for 9/10 (Tyro) and 11/12 (Senior) grade teams. There is one level of play in each division.
- The season consists of 10 games and playoffs if eligible.
- Fall season starts in mid-September and all 9-12th graders are eligible.
- Winter season starts in early January and no player participating in a HS basketball program, JV or varsity is eligible for the winter season.
Eligibility: CYO travel program is available to boys and girls grades 4-12. Eligible participants must be St. Matthew parishioners or live within the St. Matthew parish boundaries. If you do not meet these CYO requirements, you will need to obtain a waiver exemption from your local parish. Teams will be formed provided try outs are held and a minimum of 8 eligible players can form a roster.
Fees: – Travel $220 per player making a roster.
– Uniform fees must be paid at the time of registration. Travel uniforms $65
– Register for both travel and intramural for $310, SAVE $50! (registration is required on both the travel and intramural sites)
Anyone interested in coaching a boys and/or girls CYO Travel team for St. Matthew should contact one of the following;
- Chris Felice, Athletic Director; email address email@example.com
CYO registration forms and rosters for the 2016-17 season are due by the following deadlines;
- Boys/Girl’s HS registration and rosters due September 1.
- Girls’ basketball registration and rosters due September 9.
- Boys’ basketball registration and rosters due October 7.
All tryouts must be conducted and completed by the following dates to allow for the timely review and submission of all forms and rosters;
- High School August 29nd
- Girls basketball September 2nd
- Boys basketball September 28
All coaches are required to complete the following prerequisites prior to beginning tryouts or practices;
- Background check
- Virtus training (virtus.org)
- CYO sanctioning course (This must be taken before the end of the season. You cannot coach in the playoffs without it)
Please refer to the following documents for additional information on the eligibility requirements.
All players must wear the travel uniform (jersey and shorts) to all games. Players who played in the prior year travel program may re-use their uniforms if so desired. New uniforms may be purchased for $60. Uniforms can be paid for when you register. They will not be distributed until players have been selected and placed on a roster. Additional sale dates will be published when determined.
Forms can be found in the church bulletin, outside the gymnasium or downloaded from below,